and the Environment
Create a Travel Brochure
- The students will learn about the factors that cause
economic growth, with emphasis on investment in real capital, including
factories, machinery, and agriculture.
- To learn about the characteristics of production and exchange in an economy,
with an emphasis on the interdependence of consumers and producers of
good and services.
- To discover how "world trade" can affect the economy of a
- Paper and pencil,
- Detailed maps of Peru showing its
physical characteristics (soil, climate, vegetation, rivers,
- Water colors or tempera paints,
- Colored markers,
- Chart or heavy duty paper,
- Web sites.
|Before beginning the study of Peru's economy have the students complete a KWHL
Chart. (K= What Do We
Know; W=What We Want to Know; H=How Do We Find Out; L=What We
Learned). This activity can be done as an entire class or in small
groups. If done in small groups, the groups will share their
charts with the class as a whole.
- Name and describe the three economic sectors into which
Peru is divided.
- What percentage does each sector contribute to the country's Gross
Domestic Product (GDP) and the percentage of the labor force that each
- How do each of the economic sectors of the country
fits into one or more of the geographical sections of the country?
specific reasons for your choices.
- How do Peru's natural, human, and capital resources affect the
daily lives of the people. (Internet research) Describe the
factors that cause economic growth in present day Peru, with emphasis on
investment in factories, machinery, and new technology. (Internet
- Make an economic distribution chart that compares
what percentage each sector contributes to that country's Gross Domestic Product
(GDP) and the percentage of the labor force each employs.
- Make a chart placing each of the economic sectors into one or more of
the three geographical sections. Give specific reasons for your
- Describe how trade with other countries affects the present day
economy of Peru. (Internet research) Describe the role
international trade plays in the country's economy. (Internet research)
|In addition to paper and pencil tests, teachers could use
individual or small group projects, oral reports, mental maps or
structured overviews for assessment.
Vocabulary Search (search box)
Peru web site links